2017 RV-Dreams Spring Educational Rally - May 8 - 14, 2017 in Sevierville, Tennessee.
SOLD OUT as of 12/31/2016! Click Here For More Details & A Link To Our Waiting List Page

2017 RV-Dreams Fall Educational Rally - September 25 - October 1, 2017 in Sevierville, Tennessee.
Registration Is Now Open!! Click Here For Details

2018 RV-Dreams Spring Educational Rally - April 23 -30, 2018 in Pahrump, Nevada
Mark The Dates!! Registration To Open June 1!! Click Here To Get Email Notification

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Posting on old topics


RV-Dreams Family Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 980
Date:
Posting on old topics


For some of the newer members here, 

There is a wealth of information available in the pages of this forum.  While its great to find a subject that has been written about and has had various answers posted, its easier to start a new topic and start fresh than reviving a dead thread.  As people come and go, technology changes, ideas didn't work out, and hind-site being 20/20, starting a fresh is topic easier to answer than figuring out what someone meant a year or 2 ago.  

 

 



__________________

Carrilite Home

Volvo Pickup

Alie & Jim

Morgan- DD

Sallie- 4 legged lab

Tabitha & Brooke -other furballs

FullTiming since March 2013



RV-Dreams Family Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 1477
Date:

Alie and Jims Carrilite wrote:

For some of the newer members here, 

There is a wealth of information available in the pages of this forum.  While its great to find a subject that has been written about and has had various answers posted, its easier to start a new topic and start fresh than reviving a dead thread.  As people come and go, technology changes, ideas didn't work out, and hind-site being 20/20, starting a fresh is topic easier to answer than figuring out what someone meant a year or 2 ago.  

 

 


 EXACTLY................Rather than someone jumping on you to "Use the search function".



__________________

My Dreams...............Her Nightmares.

 



RV-Dreams Family Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 980
Date:

TRAILERKING wrote:
Alie and Jims Carrilite wrote:

For some of the newer members here, 

There is a wealth of information available in the pages of this forum.  While its great to find a subject that has been written about and has had various answers posted, its easier to start a new topic and start fresh than reviving a dead thread.  As people come and go, technology changes, ideas didn't work out, and hind-site being 20/20, starting a fresh is topic easier to answer than figuring out what someone meant a year or 2 ago.  

 

 


 EXACTLY................Rather than someone jumping on you to "Use the search function".


 Thankfully that doesn't occur here often, if it does happen most members will say "search for ---" or look for this topic.  



__________________

Carrilite Home

Volvo Pickup

Alie & Jim

Morgan- DD

Sallie- 4 legged lab

Tabitha & Brooke -other furballs

FullTiming since March 2013



RV-Dreams Family Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 3469
Date:

Nothing wrong with using search, there is a lot of useful information in old topics. The problem is replying to old threads.

__________________

Bill Joyce,
40' 2004 Dutch Star DP towing a 2012 AWD Chevy Equinox
Journal at http://www.sacnoth.com
Full-timing since July 2003



RV-Dreams Family Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 4970
Date:

bjoyce wrote:

Nothing wrong with using search, there is a lot of useful information in old topics. The problem is replying to old threads.


 

Especially if the reader hasn't looked at the original posting date of a thread or comment in an old thread.  I should mention for the benefit of the newer folks that the date of posting is in the same box to the left where the avatar and username is located.  Also, when a new person decides to respond directly to someone who previously commented, they might want to click on that person's username to see their profile.  The profile area also indicates the last time that person logged into the forums.

Terry



__________________

Terry and Jo

2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3
2008 Ford F450
2014 Ford Expedition 4X4 as Tag-along or Scout

Two minor works in progess....pictures taken over the years and a webblog:

Our photos on Photobucket

Ignoring the Barking Dogs  -  Terry's Blog

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us